Sunday, August 4, 2013

Here in our Corner: Two Months!


I came across a journal the other day that I'd kept while I was pregnant with Sophie and throughout her first year. It had so many sweet memories and milestones and then ended right when she started to walk. I don't even remember what happened. I was nearing the end of the journal and life was busy and I never bought another one I guess. I deeply regret that I didn't keep up with that.

I'm not going to make that mistake again. This blog is a perfect forum for not only journaling our family adventures but documenting them in photos as well. I'm much more likely to type on the computer than write in a journal anyway so I'm making this my new forum for recording all the adventures of Sophie and Audrey!

The past couple months since Audrey's arrival have been insanely busy. I have thousands of pictures I've taken but not had the time to edit and post. I will get to that. One day at a time.I can't believe she is 2 months old already!



And I never had time to post her 1 month picture:



She is getting so big! She was 10 lb. 5.4 oz. at her 2 month doctor check up last week. She turned over from back to front for the first time on July 29th at only 9 weeks old! Here she is after a successful roll-over:



Now that she's figured that out, she flips from back to tummy almost every time I put her down. She just stretches out those little legs and swings them over until her whole body flips. She loves spending time on her playmat.


Sophie has adjusted so well to being a big sister. She LOVES Audrey! She helps me give her baths, change diapers, and brings her toys.




Sisters holding hands!


Audrey went in the pool for the first time at my dad's house last weekend, and loved it. We took her for a swim again last night at the pool in my mother in law's neighborhood. As we were getting our bathing suits on before going to the pool, Sophie announced that her bathing suit was "absolutely perfect." She must've jumped off the side of the pool 20 times last night and counted each time before she took a leap. One time she said, "One, two, free, four, five, six, se-ben, eight, nine, six, eleven, twelve, thirteen!" and hoped in. Cracked me up that she threw 6 in the place of 10 without missing a beat! She also did a great job of floating on her back (with swimmies on).

As we were leaving, Sophie and I accidentally collided in the parking lot, and she fell backwards on to the pavement, not too terribly hard thankfully. I immediately picked her up and asked, "What did you hit?" meaning what body part of course. She looked at me wide-eyed and said, "The road Mommy! I hit the road!" hehehe!

Robbie took Friday off from work so we could take the girls to the beach. It was Audrey's first trip, and she spent most of it napping in the tent we brought. 


There's nothing like a nap on the beach! Sophie enjoyed building sand castles, playing in the water and chasing sandpipers along the shore. 





She has my heart for all living things. She saw a jellyfish washed up on the shore and said, "Mama, jellyfishes live in the sea. We need to put him back." Unfortunately, it was already too late for this jellyfish, but her heart was in the right place.



I am sooooo proud of Sophie for getting all happy faces on her preschool daily reports for 3 whole weeks!!!! We had some challenges earlier in the summer with her getting sad faces for not being nice to friends and not following directions, but she has made great improvements!!!

I'm so excited that I just bought front row seats to take Sophie to see Disney on Ice: Princesses and Hereos in October...just the 2 of us. Robbie will stay with Audrey so I can take Sophie for some special Mommy and Me time. Although she's been wonderful with her little sister, I'm sure there are times she feels sad that so much of my attention is focused on Audrey right now so I'm looking forward to us having a date with just the 2 of us. 

I am teaching Sophie to help with some chores around the house. Yesterday, she wanted to help me upload the dishwasher so I gave her the silverware basket, and showed her where to put each piece in the drawer. She checked with me several times as she was unloading it: "Mommy, does this go here?" When it was all said and done, she had successfully placed all pieces in the correct place! Way to go Sophie! 

She also helped me mix up a riccotta cheese mixture I used to stuff chicken breasts for dinner. She scooped the cheese out of the container, helped me pick basil to add to it, shook in the pepper, salt and oregano, and stirred it up for me. Mommy's little helper! 

Sophie LOVES to play dress up. But yesterday she said, "I'm not going to be a princess or a pirate today. I'm just going to be Soap-ie."  :-) 

I bought a new embroidery machine a few weeks back and have barely had to the time to fire it up. My Brother SE400 combo sewing / embroidery machine only has a 4x4 stitch area which is very limiting. It has always driven me crazy that I can't monogram larger items like tote bags, t-shirts and towels, so when I found out Amazon was offering 12 months no interest financing I could resist buying a Brother PE770 with a 5x7 stitch area. I am dying to make some stuff but that there's simply not time right now.

Of course, that hasn't stopped me from buying an obscene amount of new appliques and fonts. I always seem to be shopping on Etsy while nursing Audrey and it's just too easy to buy things with your smart phone. It's gotten out of control. It needs to stop. NOW. I've got more appliques than I will probably ever stitch. And I've developed a fabric addiction too. Did I mention I went shopping at Joann's 4 times in one week?

I'm seriously thinking about opening an Etsy shop eventually. I've had so many people tell me I should; I just don't know if I have the time to keep up with it. Buy I really enjoy making stuff so am toying with the idea of listing some monogrammed bib / burp cloth sets and maybe some crocheted items as well. We'll see....maybe in a few months when things calm down a bit. I could put any profit I make in a vacation fund!

We're looking forward to next week. Sophie is taking a vacation week from preschool to spend with me and Audrey before I return to work on Aug. 19th. Sophie's cousins Robert & Lanford will also be in town so we have lots of fun things planed like pool time, play dates, and a trip to the Children's Museum.
 photo 1_signature_size50_bilboswashcaps_PNG.png

No comments:

Post a Comment