Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sophie's Big Girl Room


  
I am so excited to debut Sophie's big girl room! She has kindly donated her crib to her little sister and is now sleeping in the queen size bed that used to be in our guest room. I think she might be the only 2 year old around with a queen size bed. She looks so tiny sleeping in it at night!


The bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids, and is the same pattern that we used in her nursery and now will be using in her little sister's room.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bedding. Pottery Barn doesn't carry the full/queen quilt anymore and I had to pay a pretty penny for a new set on eBay, but it was so worth it. 



I made the bird pillow on the bed -- see details about that HERE. The other monogrammed pillow was made by my dear friend Sarah. She hand sewed the pillow and piping and stitched the monogram on by hand. Beautiful! 


Of course the bedskirt was featured in this tutorial recently. Can you believe how well this thrift store re-purpose matches the bedding? 


The curtains and paintings were handmade a few years ago when we were preparing for Sophie's arrival.  



And it has all the sweet little details perfect for my Sophie.



Every little girl needs a piggy bank with a tutu!



Sophie loves her new room! 


Who wouldn't?










Linking to these parties!

28 comments:

  1. Linda, Sophie is a lucky little girl to have you as a Mommy! The room is stunning!! Lovin' those birds too! (The special pillow is an awesome tough from your heart too)

    Thanks for sharing this project with the rest of the world!
    Visiting from Sugar Bee Crafts - Take A Look Tues Linky Party
    Smiles,
    Suz in NW Illinois

    My Linked Project This Week

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the bird pillow :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable, and so is she! My daughter is almost ready to transition from her nursery to a big girl room too, but I haven't started looking for décor, probably because while she may be ready, I'm not! Thanks for sharing!

    Bonny @ thedomesticatedprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors, pink and green. Thank you for linking up at Fluster's Creative Muster. Hope to see you next week!

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little princess in a queen's bed - how appropriate! This is a dream room for any child! Sophie is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming by 504 Main last week (I am so behind!). This room is adorable - I love those little birdies and that sweet girlie sleeping on the bed..precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love the color scheme. My daughter's room is the same colors. I could see us doing something like this in a year or so for her big girl room too. And what are the odds--her name is Sophie too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE little girl rooms! They are so adorable. You're right...she's so precious in her big bed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The little bird you made is a perfect match! Stopping by from TT&J Happy Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful room! And that picture of Sophie sleeping? The most adorable thing I've seen! Thanks for linking up!

    -Missy @ So You Think You're Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful child and a room suitably beautiful for her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really beautiful. I love how it turned out. So adorable. :) Thanks for linking up at Crafty Tuesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet room for an adorable little girl!

    Kathy
    http://pearlsinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Lucky girl! That room is just gorgeous. I love the bedding! Thanks for linking this up to Monday Funday!

    Kelly @ View ALong the Way
    www.viewalongtheway.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! I have the same set for my daughter's toddler bed. You did a great job.

    Emily @ My Love for Words
    www.myloveforwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable room! Perfect transition from crib to "big girl". I love the birds and the colors. Thanks for linking up at Much Ado About Monday!

    Lydia
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty! I love the pink and green, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love this room! The colors are beautiful and those little birds are adorable. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. I am featuring Sophie's room makeover later tonight at Pick of the Bunch!

    Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter!
    hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! I'll be featuring this on Share It Saturday! Thanks for linking up ; )!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous! I'm so glad you linked up, I loved your little bird tutorial. Isn't a sleeping baby or child the best? And your little Sophie is beautiful. Thanks for joining Give Me The Goods! Can't wait to see what you link up next week ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. A room fit for a princess! I love all of the love that went into making it...it is evident! Beautiful room for a beautiful "big" girl! Thanks for sharing it at the Rock N Share! Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete