Monday, September 9, 2013

Big Sister-Little Sister Dresses





This was the first dress I made for Audrey before she was born. I used the free 0-3 month Peasant Dress pattern and tutorial available at Sew Much Ado.


I loved the way it turned out so much (plus it was soooo quick and easy to sew!) that I bought the full PDF pattern which includes sizes from 0-3 months though 6 years so I could make one for Sophie too. The pattern has options as well for a scalloped bottom and for making it as a blouse vs. dress.  I have a feeling this is a pattern I will use over and over again. 

I just took pictures of the girls wearing their matching dresses last week. Look at these little sweeties!



I always swore that I would never dress them alike, but after finding such a cute pattern for Audrey I thought it was only fair that Sophie have one too! And I was in love with the fabric way too much to make hers with anything different. 

The fabric I used is Ice Cream Social in Pink from the Riley Blake Go Fly a Kite line by October Afternoon. I bought this fabric quite awhile ago and have been saving it for something special. Unfortunately it is sold out pretty much everywhere now. Sniff! I want more of it!


The dress has coral colored ric-rac peeking out from the hem. Love!

 
And of course I had to make matching bloomers for Audrey using The Perfect Diaper Cover by Made. I've used that pattern many, many times because all little girl's dresses should have matching bloomers, right?


I can't get enough of Audrey's little open-mouthed look in the picture on the right. This is her signature expression for the moment.


And Sophie looked pretty as a princess, as always.   


Go out and get yourself on one these patterns ASAP! 



Linking to these parties!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these are just too adorable!! I love that you made bloomers too!!! How lucky are these two little girls!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! These are SO CUTE! I have two little girls that these would be darling on. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dresses. Your daughters are just darling. I have made a pattern over and over again before. When made of different fabrics they are all wonderful. Have you tried making this dress without the elastic in the sleeves and a bit longer as a night gown? It would be real cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another adorable dress! I'm visiting via the SYTYC I'm Crafty: Upcycle Projects from DoyleDispatch.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! The fabric is to die for, great find. I have three girls and do this all the time. I love walking with my little matching stair-steps and looking at all the smiling faces around us. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dresses are sooo cute! Love the fabric! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I love the fabric too : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO adorable!!! That fabric and your sweet girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dresses are charming and look darling on your beautiful daughters. My sister and I had lots of 'sister' dresses but after a while our mother would get them in different colorways so that my sister would have a slightly different dress to grow into. I liked it until I was about 8 yrs. old so you have plenty of time to indulge! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to coordinate my girls! I love the dresses and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fabric!! Great choice. They are adorable. I'm featuring this at Terrific Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I found you on Skip to My Lou. The dresses look great, I love the fabric, I really like cathedral windows and being able to get that look without the hard work is very appealing. I also used to think I wouldn't have matching outfits for my girls but surely it's a rite of passage as a mum? I made matching tops recently and my elder daughter always wants to wear her one if she sees her younger sister wearing her matching one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fabric! These are darling. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete