Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Crocheted Baby Slippers


I made Audrey 3 adorable pairs of newborn crocheted baby slippers during the last few weeks of my pregnancy. 

I don't know what it was, but I was crocheting like crazy the last month before she arrived. I made about a dozen hats for Christmas presents for kids in the family, slippers for Sophie and Audrey, and a hat and cardigan for Audrey. 

The first pair was made with Whistles and Ivy's Little Dot Mary Jane Pattern but I chose to leave the little dot off. 


Instead I embellished it with the most beautiful rhinestone buttons. I've had them forever, and they were the perfect finishing touch. 
  

 The second pair was made with the Flower Slipper pattern.   



I made the third pair with the Cuffed Slipper pattern.  




Yarn used was Caron Simply Soft in soft pink, and Patons Beehive Baby Fingerling in Angel White.

All three were quick projects. I love crocheting things that work up fast. I don't often have the time or patience to make large items like the Ribbons & Ruffles Baby Blanket


Sadly, she's already outgrown all three! But I'll always have these adorable little shoes to remind me how tiny her little feet once were. 

Linking to these parties!



5 comments:

  1. Wow these are SO cute, now I just need someone I know to have a baby so I can make them. Definitely bookmarking this page so I can find it again when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These baby shoes are the cutest! I don't know what it is about baby shoes and socks, but they make me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Those buttons are fabulously perfect!

    ReplyDelete