Sunday, September 15, 2013

Toll House Pie


Is there anything better than warm chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven? That's what this pie takes like! And it's unbelievably easy to make. 




Audrey was napping on Saturday afternoon so I recruited Sophie to help me bake a pie.
She made me wait until after "Sleeping Beauty" was over. Of course that took precedence. But once we made it to the kitchen we had this pie whipped up and in the oven in less than 10 minutes! 

I measured the ingredients and Sophie poured everything into the bowl. She also volunteered to be the official taste tester of the chocolate chips.


Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
1 stick melted butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 
9" Pie shell
 
I can sum the directions up in two sentences: Mix all ingredients together and pour into pie shell. Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees. It doesn't get any easier than that!




Personally I think the pie tastes best served warm and gooey. With ice cream! But Robbie actually prefers it cold from the fridge.


Try it both ways and see what you like best!





Linking to these parties!

4 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds really good! My kids would love it. I will pin it so I have the recipe - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the recipe for something very similar, with a side of ice cream it is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy and so easy too. How can you go wrong with anything made with chocolate chips.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks SO good. You're making me hungry. I’m hosting a throw pillow giveaway that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/pillow-covers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete