Friday, March 8, 2013

Snow Day!

We never see snow around here. I can count on one hand the number of times we've had significant snow in my life. And by significant I mean it stuck to the ground. Sophie has never seen snow....until this week. Granted, it was fake snow but she didn't know the difference!

A home builder in our area brought in a snow truck and sprayed snow all over the front yard of their model home.

Sophie waited somewhat impatiently for almost 30 minutes while we waited for the snow to "fall."  When it was finally time to go play, she wasn't sure what she thought about it. 



But decided to venture in. It was slippery!


BOOM! Down she went!


 She decided to make some snowballs.


And had a wonderful time hurling them at strangers. (Everyone was doing it!)



Then it was time to sample a bite. Mommy put a quick stop to that. Dirty snow = yucky!
But she must've thought it was tasty!


  
My happy snow angel!



Even though the snow wasn't the real thing, Sophie had a ball! I truly hope she gets the chance to play in real snow one day soon!


3 comments:

  1. What a sweetie pie! I'm glad she got to experienced snow. I've never seen or heard of a snow truck. Living in Eastern Oregon, there's no shortage of snow in the mountains nearby! This is my first visit to your blog. I noticed in one of your comments on another blog that you were new so I thought I'd stop by to say, welcome! Thanks for the party! Hope you're having a happy day! This week's Homemaking Linkup is up and I would love to have you join, if you'd like.

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I just say, "thanks for the party?" Duh...I'm a dork. I came to your blog FROM a party...but it's only 4am so you can forgive new baby brain, right? Ha! Have a happy day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness..Sophie is so unbelievably cute! I'm so glad to know about your blog...off to explore more! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete