Friday, April 5, 2013

Liebster Award


Liebster Award
When I got a message from Meghan at Make Something Daily that she had (generously) nominated me for a Liebster Award, I got all excited! I didn’t even know what it was, but it was great to get the recognition! As a new blog just starting out it was exciting to have my little creative corner of the blog world recognized.  

The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize and support smaller blogs that are just getting their start and have fewer than 200 followers. It’s a wonderful way to connect with and recognize new bloggers. I'm honored that Meghan nominated me and am happy to have the chance to pass it on to 11 more great bloggers as well!  

There are just a few simple rules: 

The Rules:

{1} Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.

{2} Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.

{3} Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.

{4} Go back to their page and tell them about the award.

{5} Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.

{6} No tag-backs!!


My Questions from Meghan:

{1} Why did you start blogging?
As a way to record family memories and document craft projects. I also wanted to share my ideas with others just as I've been inspired by so many blogs I've found through Pintrest.

{2} What's the best present you've ever gotten?
 A shadow box with plaster molds of my daughter's hands and feet so I can always remember how little and cute they are!

 {3} What's your guilty pleasure?
 Oreos and ice cream!
 {4} If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?
I am perfectly happy right where I am...close to family, friends and the beach! 
  {5} What's one kitchen or craft tool you can't live without?
My sewing machine of course! 
  {6} Who would you like to play you in a movie of your life?
 I guess Christina Applegate since I am occasionally told I look like her.
 {7} Coffee or Tea?
 Coffee for sure....preferably Starbucks!
  {8} What is your earliest memory?
 Going out for rides in the boat with my dad and playing with my little sister.
  {9} What's your go-to karaoke song? 
 I may be the craft queen, but I can not sing so you won't find me doing any karaoke!
  {10} What's your favorite season of the year?
 Spring, when it just starts to warm up and the flowers bloom. 
  {11 } Do you have any pets?
 Yes, my sweet cat Cooper who we adopted in July 2003. 


11 Random Facts About Myself:

{1} I am expecting my second daughter in late May 2013.

{2}  My husband and I met at work and were friends for 4 years before we started dating.

{3} I am terrified of spiders.

{4} My favorite flavor of ice cream is Cookies and Cream.

{5} I throw away or get rid of everything that is not sentimental or actively being used, except when it comes to crafting and sewing items. I am a bit of a hoarder in the craft / fabric / yarn department.

{6} I have a master's degree in Elementary Education, but have spent most of my career in banking. 

{87 I love cute shoes and purses and own way too many of them.

{8} I am named after my mother's little sister who died as a child.

{9} I make lists of EVERYTHING to keep me organized.

{10} I never eat the last bite of a sandwich.

{11}  I am married to my best friend and have 2 beautiful daughters.  I am happy.  


Here are the 11 Bloggers I'm nominating:
Meredith at Unoriginal Mom 
Jamie at Huckleberry Love
Shauna at The Best Blog Recipes 
Colleen, Erin & Leanne from Sugar Aunts 
Heather at Southern State of Mind 
Gloria at Simply Gloria
Emily at A Tossed Salad Life  


 
 Here are my questions for you:
  {1} Why did you start blogging?
{2} What homemade project are you most proud of?
 {3} What's the best costume you've ever worn?
{4} What is your favorite book and why?
 {5} What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?  
{6} If you could have a super power, what would it be?
 {7} Pintrest or Facebook?
{8} What is your biggest pet peeve?
{9} What is your favorite childhood memory?
{10} How would you describe yourself in one word?  
{11} What are you thankful for today?
 
 
If I've nominated you, please link back to this post in the comments so that I can see your answers!

7 comments:

  1. You were so kind to nominate me! Thank you so much! :)

    And I never eat the last bite of a sandwich either so we share the same weird trait.

    ~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination!! We are so excited and honoured that you thought of us. :)

    Hugs & Smiles,

    Jamie
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww wow! Thank you so much for nominating me, Linda! I'm over here in my little corner of blog land just going day to day, wondering if anyone even reads my blog and then after only 2 weeks bam! A nomination! You're so kind to choose me! Congrats on your little one! May will be here before you know it!! :)

    PS I love your blog design! Your little owl is so cute!
    Lindsey
    High Heels and Training Wheels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, thank you so so so much for nominating me! You made my whole day!
    I'm the same as you and Chelsea...I won't even finish my last bite of a pickle! My hubs always wonders...me, too! Just a thing, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, would love for you to come and visit what I wrote and posted today with the nomination you had given me. Thank you again! http://simplygloria.com/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the Liebster nomination! So sweet of you to think of me and it's nice to take the opportunity to scour through some other new bloggers. I hate to admit that I too am a hoarder of crafting supplies- fabric mainly! Happy blogging!
    Heather @ Southern State of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright Linda, after careful deliberation I finally finished it! You can check out my post here High Heels and Training Wheels and thanks so much again for nominating me!! :)

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete