Saturday, April 6, 2013

Here in Our Corner


On Good Friday Sophie went on her first out of town trip with her Grandma and Papa to meet her cousin Robert, Aunt Kathy & Uncle Joel at the aquarium. It was a 2 hours trip and I have to admit that I was very nervous about her going so far away from me, but she had the time of her life and has been talking about it ever since. Here's a picture of Sophie and cousin Robert in front of the jellyfish tank -- love those 2 cuties!


Speaking of Sophie.....my baby girl got dressed all by herself one morning last week.  She's becoming such a big girl. (Sniff!) 

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. We spent it at my dad's house and Sophie went on an egg hunt for 37 eggs, finding only 36 since my dad's dog Bowen found and destroyed one himself. Yes, that dog took candy from a 2 year old! 

The weather has finally started to warm up so Sophie got to spend some time outside playing on her playset. Here's a cute shot of her coming down the slide...before she climbed back up it the wrong way about 20 times in one afternoon. I ended up using this picture on her birthday party invitation. All sent out as of yesterday!


We are only 2 weeks away from her 3rd birthday party and I have several fun posts coming up related to that. Stay  tuned for a flashback of her 2nd Sesame Street birthday party, a collection of girl's birthday party themes that I collected as I was searching for ideas for this year's party, the debut of her party dress, and of course there will be a big post with all the party highlights!  

We had an "incident" at our house last week -- someone stole two hanging baskets from our front yard in broad daylight. We live in a safe, respectable neighborhood and I was shocked that this happened. Robbie's gone a little overboard (IMHO) and bought a home video surveillance system which he's spent the entire day installing and is still working on as a type this. You do not cross this man and his hanging baskets.


We tried this Monterey Chicken recipe for dinner tonight and it was delicious, but probably could've been even better had I marinated the chicken as the recipe called for. Of course, I didn't actually read the recipe until I was starting to cook and by that time it was too late. So I mixed up a smaller version of the honey / Worcestershire sauce / soy sauce / garlic mixture and cooked the chicken in it, turning them once half way through. After 30 min. I transferred the chicken to another dish without the sauce and topped with BBQ sauce, cheese and bacon before popping it back into the oven for another 5 min. It was a good work-around but next time I need to remember to marinate in advance! 

The Monterey Chicken recipe was a Pintrest find, and speaking of Pintrest I have been pinning desserts and milkshakes like crazy! I have gestational diabetes so am unable to eat all these yummy things at the moment. Let's just say no one is getting into the hospital to visit the baby unless they bring dessert. So....until I am able to indulge in these delicious recipes myself, I want you to try some out for me and tell me which ones are worth making as soon as the baby is born. Visit my dessert boards on Pintrest and let me know!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment