Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Here in Our Corner: Fall is in the air!

I love this time of year. The weather is  starting to cool off after a long hot summer and it's time to decorate for Halloween!  Robbie has been busy decorating the yard, which made the perfect backdrop for taking pictures of Sophie and Audrey.


Sophie has definitely inherited her dad's love of decorating. She asked me to call him at work the other day to see if she could help him decorate that night. Then told Audrey that when she "gets bigger and bigger and bigger" she would teach her how to "decorate with my friend Daddy."  This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to our Halloween decorations....  The big stuff doesn't go out until a couple days before the 31st.




My favorite part is our wreath, made by Robbie of course!



Our mantle is looking festive as well!

 
I'm up to my eyeballs with designing and sewing Halloween costumes. Why in earth can't I just go to a store and buy costumes like a normal person??? This year I've probably bitten off more than I can chew! I'm making costumes for all 4 of us....with no patterns! I can't tell you what we'll be yet but it's going to be amazing! Here's a sneak peak of part of my costume.....  Can anyone guess?


I'm excited about some major changes coming up for Night Owl Corner! I'm moving to Wordpress! I'm so grateful that I have a friend / neighbor who is a computer wiz, and he's graciously offered to help me because it's a bit  too much for me to tackle on my own. Choosing a theme has practically taken over my life for the past couple weeks so sorry I've been MIA around the blog. There are simply too many options. But I think that I've finally made up my mind and can now get the ball rolling. Stay tuned for the new look coming soon! 

Now back to the sewing machine...




No comments:

Post a Comment