Monday, March 25, 2013

Bunny Dress



My mother in law teaches costume design at a local arts school and occasionally people will donate fabrics which are not suitable for costume making. That's how I got my hands on this adorable vintage bunny fabric. 


As soon as I spotted it I knew it would make a cute casual Easter dress for Sophie. I found the ivory colored fabric at Walmart. 

I used the pillowcase dress tutorial from The Ribbon Retreat, with a couple modifications. I doubled up on the bottom border so that it required no hem, and I made the top sash from fabric rather than using ribbon.  It was a SUPER easy project that I easily finished in about an hour. 



I really wish I had some pictures to share of Sophie in the dress, but the weather has been unseasonable cold and rainy. I'll add some as soon as it warms up! 

Hope you're having a great weekend!

UPDATE :
Finally adding some pictures of Sophie in the dress...taken WAY after Easter! But it still works as a cute summer dress, although she insisted in wearing her black shoes instead of white sandals. She just recently learned how to pedal her bike and is SO proud of herself!



 And she has inherited her Mama's love of taking pictures!



Except it's a little hard to do with the camera turned the wrong way!


 Now you have it!


So pleased with herself! 





Linking to these parties!

20 comments:

  1. SO darn cute!!!!
    I would love if you link this to my Link party on Monday!
    XOXO
    Isabelle

    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I love the fabric! I would love if you would come and link this up to our party. :)

    http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/03/much-ado-about-monday-no-2-and-features.html

    Hope to see you there,

    Jamie

    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love the fabric and pattern! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous - love that bunny fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I love making pillowcase dresses!! Please consider sharing your post with us at Eco-KIds Tuesday today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable !
    Joyeuses Pâques !
    Anna
    saw you on Diana Rambles party link

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are some serious sewing ability girl! I'm super impressed!

    Thanks for sharing at Give Me the Goods Monday!

    ~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly
    http://www.marriedfiling-jointly.com/2013/03/give-me-goods-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. way cute and super easy.
    www.patchworkposse.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Pinning this!
    home-hearted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is adorable, and I LOVE the bunny fabric! Vintage fabric is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining our All Things Thursday Link-Up this week!! We looved your post and are featuring it in this week's round-up of favorites a All Things Thursday Link-Up {No. 16} Featured Favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Hope the weather gets a lot warmer SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That fabric is darling!! Perfect dress for those cute bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice little dress, like it very much, your idea is great
    http://www.yourpromstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete